Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's because we love the Smarts =)


My uncle Gordon passed away on Friday morning. It was so sudden and none of us were prepared for it. How can anyone really be ready for something like that? How blessed we are to have such a strong family to laugh and cry with. It seems like just about every year for the past few years we've had a family member pass away or get seriously ill. I know it's through faith, prayer, and love towards each other that we are able to get through it. I am so grateful that we will all have the opportunity to be together again. It is also a little comforting to know for a fact that my uncle was greeted by so very many friends and family members. I love the gospel.

I've thought a lot about Uncle Gordon this weekend and the things that stick out the most to me are his genuine interest in others and his ability to make people laugh and feel important. I remember in St. George if there was a little baby in our family at the time you can bet Uncle Gordon was making him or her laugh. He definitely had the gift of making others feel important and loved. You could always, always tell that he had a genuine love and care for you whenever he would ask you how you're doing. I had to steal this picture from Adrienne's blog. I love that so many of my cousins have stolen it as well. It truly captures the spirit of my uncle. My heart is so full of sadness and love towards the Smart family. I love you, Smarts! My prayers are with you all.

3 comments:

Sara Bosler Castro said...

He truly has that gift. When I had just barely started dating Jamey I came up to the cabin with the family and Gordon made me feel welcome immediately. He was so kind and loving towards me. What a great man. I am so sorry for the loss.

Katie Price said...

I love Gordon so much. And all the Smarts. We miss him already.

Anonymous said...

he deff was an awesome uncle!!