Sunday, October 12, 2008

Flirty Aprons and Snow

Wanna hear a funny story? I went up to Logan to visit my sister, Katie, and fell in love with this building. Don't worry...that's not the funny story.
This is the funny story:
Chris went up with me to visit Katie and we went to eat at Olive Garden. Our server was the most handsome guy I have ever seen outside of the movies. I'm not kidding. Chris asked him what he wanted to do as a career and he said he wants to be a marriage counselor because it's so important to him that his marriage works out so he wants to help others with their marriages. I kind of feel like that was a total line...but whatever. She told him he wasn't allowed to do that because he was too handsome and all of the wives would just fall in love with him. He totally blushed. I don't think he even KNOWS how cute he is. Which is perfect. Chris asked him if he was engaged (he's been off his mission for 4 months) and he said "no" to which she replied "well you should marry one of these girls." She pointed to Katie and I. Katie didn't want him so we left him a $2o tip on a $23 bill and wrote my number on there. Chris and Katie made me write "blonde" next to it so he would know whose number it is. That's my favorite part. It makes me sound like a total bimbo. Emily Price (blonde). Haha. Anyway, he came to pick up the check and I said something like "hey we're going to a movie...too bad you're working otherwise you could come." Turns out he was done with work right then and there. He went with us to see Eagle Eye and bought us all popcorn and drinks. The movie was awesome, but at the end of it I looked over at him and he was asleep. Don't worry - I'm really not so desperate that I have to tip a guy 100% and leave my number on a receipt. I'm sure I'll never speak to him again...it was just all in good fun. The end. The picture below is of Katie and I wearing "Flirty Aprons." Try and zoom in on the picture that I'm pointing at. Sooo funny. Anyway, the three of us had a blast and Katie really has a nice setup in Logan. If she doesn't show up to St. George for Thanksgiving it's because she turned into an ice sculpture and won't thaw until May.
The next two pictures are of the view from my balcony and my bedroom window. Usually you can see the mountains, but they tend to disappear when it snows. I'll admit-it's pretty. I just wish it could be in the 80's and look like this.

Look! My wall hates the snow, too!

9 comments:

Sara Bosler Castro said...

Holy cow. I can't believe its snowed so much down there already. I'm so sorry! I hate the snow too. Move to Hawaii with me? Good.
I know a couple servers at the Olive Garden here in Logan! what was this guys name? I can try and arrange another date for you with this dream guy.

Adrienne said...

Emily. Next time you choose to venture up to this barren wasteland, please let me know. We can be real live cousins too, not just cybercousins.

shel7by said...

i want to go to olive garden and hit on boys with my mom! I'm so jealous.

Katherine said...

HAHAHA! Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard at that story!! I hope he calls you

Melanie said...

Only Chris Price . . . ha ha. I love that story and the flirty aprons, totally practical. Maybe I need one of those . . . my dinner cooking doesn't seem quite as . . intimate.

chrischris said...

Those aprons totally appeal to me (does your family have our's for Christmas?)! And you never know about how God will bring Mr. Right into your life. I mean look how I met Chris!

Sara Bosler Castro said...

Emily I love that site. CUTE cake ideas, and the other stuff looks so good. Mmm. I've been craving baked goods for days now.

Unknown said...

Very funny story. Did you just post your phone number on the internet?

Tahlea said...

Emily! I love your blog. This post is hilarious. All in good fun. I'm sure that waiter appreciated going to a movie with three lovely ladies! I'm also glad to see you're in UT. So am I! I live in Holladay, just south of SLC.