Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy October!

I love everything about October. It's not insanely cold but it's cold enough at night so you can still wear cute jackets. The leaves start changing all sorts of brilliant colors, there are Halloween decorations up everywhere, you can buy huge amounts of candy and not feel guilty, and people start to cook a lot more. I know, because I'm one of those people. I love Autumn. I even like hand writing the word "October." How's that for nerdy? It's just a fun word to write. Try it. I have a fascination with words and writing words. It's probably because I do crossword puzzles all the time. Anyway, I really have taken to cooking. Since I made the peach pie I have made crepes and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I've got recipes if anyone wants them. The picture below is of one of my crepes. It doesn't look all that appetizing but it was really good! I know what you're thinking. Yes, those are melted Hershey's Hugs. I melted them on top, spread them around, wrapped up the crepe and ate it! I didn't have any whipped creme, though, dangit!! This was breakfast. I love being an adult because I can eat dessert crepes for breakfast and nobody can tell me not to.
These are my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. If anyone has made these or is planning on making these make sure you use cinnamon and not cumin. Trust me. Oh yeah - add nutmeg to the recipe as well. If anyone has any good recipes please feel free to share! =)

These next couple of pictures are just of my brother, Brian, and I being nerds. I love it when leaves change colors and fall off of the trees. I really am grateful that we have seasons to look forward to. That's a nice little gift our Heavenly Father has given us. Oh, your summer totally sucked? Don't worry-it's Autumn now. Permission to start all over again with the start of a new season. I feel like every season we kind of get a chance to reflect on what we want to do differently. I love change and new beginnings. I'll be honest, though. I'm not a huge fan of Utah in the winter. However, this year I have a garage to put my car in, so I won't be scraping the ice off of it for 3 hours before my classes every morning. Score.

3 comments:

Sara Bosler Castro said...

Haha oh emily I just love you! Those pictures make me want to play in the leaves so bad. I agree with you, seasons are great ways for a new start. Thanks for reminding me :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture of you!!! Miss you!

chrischris said...

Thank the Lord for brothers, too. I heart my brother, Mike.