Thursday, September 18, 2008

"The moral of Snow White is never eat apples." - Lemony Snicket

I am so grateful for answers to prayer. I know with all of my heart that the Lord is mindful of me. He has shown me over and over and over again this week that he will not leave me alone. My prayers have been much more meaningful lately and I'm becoming much more sensitive and in tune with the whisperings of The Spirit. I was worried last Sunday about how I was going to move from one apartment to another apartment. I'm not very good at asking people for help-especially when it comes to things like moving because I just don't want to burden anyone (The real reason is that I'm a little too prideful...I should work on that). The Lord knew I was worried. I prayed for help to know how to accomplish this move in the best (and most cost effective) way. After church on Sunday the Elders Quorum president found out I was moving and said he'd have four guys ready to help me. He asked if I had a truck and I told him I was planning on renting a uhaul. That's when another guy in my ward chimed in and said that he works for uhaul and can get me a pretty good discount. Long story short, I'm officially all moved in (ok, ok, so I still need to hang up my clothes and buy food) to my new apartment and it only took a few hours thanks to all the help I got from my super cool aunt and some very generous friends.

On to less important things. There are some things in this world that I will never begin to understand. Like, for instance, the cost of ottomans. Seriously. Why do they cost so much? We put our feet on them. That's it. Feet. I don't get it. Rugs are expensive, too, and I'm in desparate need of one. I spill things frequently. Anyways, what I really meant to talk about was my trip to walmart. I love the prices at walmart, but I hate actually going there. I ALWAYS end up waiting an insane amount of time in the checkout lane. All because some lady is complaining about the price of her apples and weren't they on sale? Can we have someone check? I went to walmart today and didn't make a list. I'm not allowed to go grocery shopping without a list. Not allowed...ever. Why? Because I went in to walmart thinking "toilet paper, excedrin (to relieve the headache I knew I'd get from the check out lane), and mac and cheese." I came out of walmart with cup-a-noodles, excedrin, a couple of frozen dinners that looked good (I'm a sucker for those), chapstick, and gum. I really just needed the toilet paper. Doh. Good thing I have paper towels at home, right?

One more thing. There are certain words that I love and hate. I hate the word "moist." I think women in general can agree with me there. I also hate the words "busy," "ointment," and I really hate the phrase "just joshin' ya" whatever that means. I hate the word "busy" because it irritates me when I ask someone how they are doing and their response is "I'm so busy." That response tells me absolutely nothing about HOW you're actually doing. Sometimes I get the feeling people like to use the word "busy" because they think it makes them sound important, when really it just makes it sound like they don't have their priorities where they ought to be. That's only sometimes, though. Other times people really, truly do have a good reason to be "busy." There are certain smells that I love and hate as well. My apartment has a smell that I hate. I love the new book smell, though. Maybe I'll buy a myriad of new books and put them all over my apartment. Scotch tape smells really good, too. Hmm...scotch tape and books all over my apartment. Perfect. I'm sure some of you are thinking "febreeze" right now. I'm here to teach you that febreeze smells like crap. You're welcome for the tip. If any of you have any good scent suggestions send them my way. =)

3 comments:

chrischris said...

I like the smell of chlorine - probably from being in the pool so frequently growing up. I also like fresh-baked smell. And flowers. So there! I'm busy thinking of good smells. I have no time to tell you any more.

shel7by said...

i spilled a whole gallon of yummy fabric softener all over my laundry room and my whole house has smelled lovely for a week!

Emily said...

=) Yes! Great idea. Thanks. No need to buy an air freshener anymore. I'll just buy fabric softener and dump it.