Thursday, September 4, 2008

A first time for everything

Technically this isn't my first experience with the "blogging" world. When I went to BYU-Idaho I had a blog for about 2 seconds and then lost interest. Plus, the fact that it was public made me feel like I couldn't really "tell-all," for lack of a better term. I made a promise to myself that instead of a public online journal I would keep a private journal with all the good, bad, and ugly details of my life. That never happened. So here goes my second attempt at journal keeping.

I'm not what anyone would call an open book. In fact, if you were going to compare me to a book I'd be one of those diary's (diaries??) with a lock on it. I had several of those when I was a little girl. I loved those diary's but I always seemed to lose the stupid key that opened the diary up so I would have to figure out a way to break the lock. That's all beside the point, though. Sorry. So, for those of you who were hoping for more detail about my life on this blog I'm going to apologize right now. However, there is one part of my life that is open for anyone who cares to listen (or read, in this case). My testimony of the gospel is something that I am more than willing to share. I figured if I'm going to have a public blog I might as well write about what is most important to me in my life, and that way if anyone stumbles upon my blog I know they will be reading what is nearest and dearest to my heart. I'll write a little bit about my boring day to day activities once in a while as well.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I'm one very lucky girl. I'm the kind of person that gets the good parking spot and doesn't have to wait in an hour long line to buy her school books even though everyone else does. I have exeperiences like that all the time. I've been assuming that it's mere coincidence and that I'm just luckier than others. Not so. Most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of living in Utah. Sorry, sorry, sorry to any of you die-hard Utah fans, but I'm an Arizona girl through and through. Since I've moved to Utah I've had a series of good things happen to me. I'm not talking about life altering things. It seems like every day I have several small things happen that, had I been living in Arizona still, I probably never would have noticed. I was taken out of my comfort zone when I moved to Utah, but in the process it has made me realize all of the little things the Lord blesses me with every day. Moving to Utah has definitely been a humbling experience for me. I did not want to move here and leave my life in Arizona behind. I'm so grateful, however, that I listened to the promptings of The Spirit and what the Lord wanted me to do. C.S. Lewis said "There are two kinds of people: those who say to God 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says 'all right, then, have it your way." How very happy I am that I chose to do this the Lord's way. I've definitely been in the position where I've tried to do things my way and gained nothing but heartache. I'm so grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father who is always right there ready and willing to bless me.

No comments: