Saturday, April 18, 2009

"In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours." - Mark Twain

I've finally awoken from my winter hibernation. Aren't you glad? It's supposed to be 70 degrees on Monday. Yay! I love warm weather. I'm pretty much a zombie all winter, and I come back to life come Spring. There's only one thing I don't like about Spring. Birds. They never stop chirping. Ever. Not even at night. At work the other day I had to go up to an apartment on the top floor to check to see if the resident had a dog (we don't allow dogs because we're really mean). My coworker and I reached the last flight of stairs but before walking up the stairs we noticed a statue of a pigeon right in front of the resident's door. Only it wasn't a statue because the head tilted slightly to the side. I noticed it had made the most pathetic nest I've ever seen RIGHT in front of the door. I'm not kidding-the nest was sitting on the doormat and consisted of a couple of pine needles. It's not like it fell down from anywhere because there was no where for it to fall down from. I walked up the stairs and noticed the pigeon was sitting on two baby pigeons. You might think that sounds cute, but I'm here to tell you that it wasn't cute. Pigeons are ugly. Pigeon babies are even uglier. Pigeons are dirty and I'm pretty sure they carry bird flu. The mom pigeon got mad and flew straight towards me and then disappeared. Of course I screamed. Wouldn't you? My coworker wouldn't even come up the stairs. I suddenly felt like I was in Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds." Our maintenance guys "took care" of the pigeon problem. How, you ask? I don't know-but I'm sure it was very humane. It's been pretty rainy here the past couple of weeks and you cannot even believe the amount of worms we've had all over the sidewalks where I live. There's no way around them-you have to just step right on them to get to your car. Sick. I guess birds are good for getting rid of the worms. I'll write more when I have something more exciting than birds and worms to write about. Oh! I saw the brightest shooting star I've ever seen last night while driving and made a wish. That was pretty exciting. Two seconds after that I hit a pothole, and my hubcap flew off of my car. That definitely wasn't what I wished for. Happy Spring! =)

No comments: